TLCC's Notes 8 and 8.5 User Courses
Click here for Sametime User Courses
Click here for Quick User Courses
TLCC Notes-Based User Training is the easiest, most effective way to train thousands of Notes users simultaneously - at an incredibly low cost-per-user. For one low site license price (significantly less than the cost of other training options) you get ALL the courses you need to train your users on Notes 8 (or iNotes/Domino Web Access) regardless of whether they have never used Notes before or are upgrading from a previous version of Notes.
The Notes 8 user site license includes the following Notes 8.5 user training courses (as well as Notes 8 user courses) :
Click here to see the course description and outlines for the Notes 8.5 user courses
- Notes 6 to 8.5 User Update - This course is for Notes 6/6.5 users moving to the Notes 8.5 Standard configuration client. The course concentrates on what is new in Notes 8.5 so the student can quickly learn the differences between Notes 6/6.5 and Notes 8.5 and how to take advantage of the new features.
- Notes 7 to 8.5 User Update - This course is for Notes 7 users moving to the Notes 8.5 Standard configuration client. This course covers the changes and differences between Notes 7 and the Notes 8.5 client.
- Using the Notes 8.5 Standard Client - This course is for users who have never used Notes before, and who will be using the Notes 8.5 Standard configuration client. The course covers using the Notes 8.5 features like mail, calendar and scheduling, using databases, searching for information and much more!
- Using the Notes 8.5 Basic Client - This course is for users who have never used Notes before, and who will be using the Notes 8.5 Basic configuration client. The course covers using the Notes 8.5 features like mail, calendar and scheduling, using databases, searching for information and much more!
- Using iNotes 8.5 - This course covers how to use iNotes 8.5 to access Domino mail, calendar and contacts.
Click here to see the course description and outlines for the Notes 8.0 user courses
Runs on Notes and Domino - When comparing TLCC's Notes user courses to other training methods on the market, the biggest difference - and greatest benefit - is that TLCC courses use the Notes client and are delivered using the Domino server. TLCC courses do not simulate the Notes environment. Instead, they are specifically designed to leverage Notes and Domino as the most effective delivery medium for Notes training. TLCC’s user courses are delivered as a set of Notes databases which are easily deployed in your existing Notes and Domino implementation. The best way to deliver Notes training is by using Notes - not a simulation of it. All demonstrations and student activities use the Notes client which provides the highest level of learning reinforcement and effectiveness. The advantages of delivering Notes training using Notes include:
The course can also be accessed via a Notes browser, Notes 7 client or Notes 6/6.5 client to allow students to review the lessons prior to getting a Notes 8/8.5 client.
- The course is delivered to each student's workstation using your existing Notes and Domino infrastructure.
- No additional hardware, software or licensing requirements.
- No additional classroom, travel, or out-of-office costs.
- Use the familiar Notes client to customize the course content to your specific requirements and to deploy, administer and support the course.
- Integrated student activities are highly interactive and provide immediate reinforcement of lesson material.
- No simulations. Real Notes student activities are the most effective and engaging way to reinforce learning.
Self Paced Learning - TLCC’s user courses are designed to allow students to proceed through the material at their own pace. Students can start the course at any time and return to the course as needed to learn or review the topics. An instructor monitors the integrated course Discussion database and responds to students’ questions. This "open door" design allows thousands of students to take the course at the same time, makes it easy to coordinate training with your rollout, and reduces the need for course administration and instructor support.
Interactive Lessons and activities - Students learn by reading, watching and doing. The lessons in each course are a combination of text, annotated graphics (screen images) and short movies. The short movies (animated GIF files with no audio) illustrate the concepts and procedures presented in the lesson and are a great reinforcement to what the user will learn in the lesson. Once the lesson is completed then students will perform the tasks taught in that lesson in an activity. A student activity is combined with almost every lesson. This learning model provides immediate reinforcement of the important points or procedures in the lesson and maximizes retention. TLCC’s Notes user courses use three types of activities:
Click here to see a demonstration of a movie from the TLCC user course
- Practice Activities allow a student to practice what was learned to provide immediate reinforcement.
- Setup Activities allow a student to customize their personal Notes setup after learning about a setup option. The student not only learns the Notes client, but also starts to customize it for their needs as they go through the course. An example of a setup activity is enabling an automatic signature for mail.
- Learning Buddy Activities involve another student to reinforce concepts related to collaborative activities such as mail, group scheduling, and group To Do's.
Course Discussion Monitoring and Support - TLCC’s user courses include a Discussion database which takes advantage of Domino's proven collaboration capabilities. The course Discussion database allows students to post questions linked to the lessons in the course. The Discussion database provides a communication link between your user support team and the students as they are taking the course. The advantages of providing course discussion monitoring and support are:
An agent can be enabled to send an email to the user support team to notify them of any new posts in the Discussions. In addition, the Discussion database can be disabled if you desire not to use it in your deployment.
- Allows you to provide individual and specific student support.
- Students can get help and do not feel they have nowhere to turn if they are “lost.”
- Provides immediate feedback during the rollout and training phases of your upgrade project.
- Students can learn from other students’ questions and answers.
Instant Messaging Support - A button can be enabled to allow students to chat with instructors if they are using a Notes 6.5 or higher client or a web browser to view the course. This button is available in the lessons form and also on all discussion forms. The feature requires an Instant Messaging (Sametime) server.
Help system - Context-sensitive help is available to describe how to use the course, how to post questions and how to review course-related discussion.
Module Self Assessments or Quizzes - Each module includes a self-assessment quiz. The format for the self-assessments is Multiple Choice and True/False questions. For each question, the student can display the correct answer and compare their response. Self-assessments provide immediate feedback, allowing the student to assess their understanding of material presented in the current course module.
Optional Final Exam - An optional final exam can be enabled to test each student on their comprehension of the material or to ensure compliance with mandatory course completion policies. Detailed exam summary results are posted in the Exams database, allowing an Exam Administrator to identify students who may require additional training.
Optional Course Customization - The material in the TLCC user courses can be customized to best suit the needs of the target students and your implementation. Detailed procedures and customization recommendations are included in the Course Setup Database which is included with the course material. The advantages of TLCC course customization include:
Flexible Delivery - Students take TLCC’s courses using a Notes client. The course can be accessed from a Domino server or can be downloaded to the student's computer and taken locally. Mobile and remote users can take the course locally without using expensive and/or slow connections to a Domino server. Students take the course geared for their needs, either a new Notes user or a user who is upgrading to a new version of Notes. A web browser can also be used. This wide flexibility of access options accommodates different company and student needs.
- Customize course content to best suit the needs of the target students and your implementation.
- Create and customize different versions of the course for different groups of students.
- Use the familiar Notes client to easily customize the course content.
The Notes 8 sidebar can also be used to display a list of the lessons from the course. The user can then click on a particular lesson in the sidebar and that lesson will open in the Notes client in a new tab.
Click here to see this feature in action
System Requirements - A Notes 8 client is needed by each student to be able to take the course and do all demonstrations and activities. A web browser (Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher) can also be used to read the lessons. The Notes client is still needed to complete the activities. The course materials can be placed on a Domino server or the local Notes client.
A Notes 6/6.5 client, Notes 7 client, or a web browser can be used to view the lessons in the Notes 8 user courses and to take the quizzes and final exam. This allows the users to get started learning about Notes 8 before their migration to the Notes 8 client.
Course Pricing - TLCC’s user courses are sold via a one-time site license based on the number of users in the Domino Directory. The site license includes access to all of the courses listed above. TLCC provides support for installation related questions for 30 days after purchase. The purchase of a maintenance contract allows for access to the latest releases of the user courses and installation and customization support beyond the 30-day period. This optional annual maintenance is available for 15% of the total license fee.
|Number of users in Directory|
License Price per user
|50 to 100 users (a minimum of 50 users must be purchased)|
|101 to 250 users|
|251 to 500 users|
|501 to 1,000 users|
|1,001 to 3,000 users|
|3,001 to 5,000 users|
|5,001 to 10,000 users|
|10,001 to 25,000 users|
|25,001 to 50,00 users|
|50,001 or more users|
Click here to contact TLCC via email and request a customized quote for the TLCC Notes 8 user courses
Or call TLCC at 888-241-8522 (561-953-0095 outside the U.S. and Canada)
Course Demonstration - Free demonstrations of TLCC’s user courses are available. You need to be a registered user on TLCC's web site and fill out a evaluation request to access the demonstration.
Follow the following steps to get a FREE demonstration of TLCC's user courses:
- If do not have a TLCC username then please register to get one.
Click here to register.
- Once you obtain a TLCC username complete a short evaluation request form.
Click here to fill out a evaluation request.